Monday 4 July 2011

Chapter Three!

It is unlikely that I will have finished chapter three by tonight, HOWEVER. I will give you all a little teaser just cause I'm grateful for any positive commentary. :) 

She felt the gun before she saw who was holding it; a cold metal barrel poking into the back of her head. She looked at Charlie. His eyes were wide and fearful as he took in whoever was behind her. Linnea winced as she felt a rough grip on her upper arm.
"What do you want? We don't have any money, we're just kids!"
Her voice came out a lot braver than she was actually feeling at the moment. The part of her brain that wasn't screaming was wondering what on earth a mugger was doing in the middle of uptown Oakshire.
"I don't want your money."
The voice was low, raspy, and vaguely amused. Linnea stiffened at the suppressed laughter that laced her attacker's tone.
"Well then what the hell do you want?"
"Listen sweetheart, I'm not the one who set this up. HEY!"
Linnea felt a release in the pressure on her head, and realized that the gun was now aimed at Charlie, who had just reached for the cell phone in his back pocket.
"That's enough. I'm gonna ask you to come with me. And you, kid, you keep your mouth shut. I don't care if you call the police, but wait till we're outta sight or she gets a bullet in her somewhere."
.........




Curious? I hope so, this chapter's a fun one. ;) i shall finish posting it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment